Pages

Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Toast and 'Pay it Forward' Presents

Our quite expensive toaster went POP the other day. I've looked at loads on-line to replace it with - do I go for another pricey one and hope it lasts longer than the three years of the previous one, or do I go for a cheapy?
I'm reluctant to go for one that I will have to throw away, again, as I hate the thought of it laying in a landfill site for ever....
So I have decided to go for this


Super pricey, but it has "Replaceable parts (you don’t throw a Dualit toaster away, we repair it for you!)" as they say on their website.
But I need to do a bit of saving first......so what do we do in the meantime?


We can use this!




Truly vintage,it must be from the 30's or 40's, it has been lurking in the back of the larder for years. But it is in excellent working order and makes fabulous toast, as long as you don't forget to watch it!




Open it out and pop the slices of bread into the flaps, close it up and wait - keep checking, don't let it burn.


Perfect!
Do I really need to buy the Dualit?


Pay it Forward

While I was eating my toast the postman dropped a package through the door.
It was my 'Pay it Forward' gift from Bellaboo at Bellascountry, as I was one of the first three to comment on her Pay it Forward post.

Now I'm taking part....the idea is that participants pass on a little kindness without expecting any reward.

So, I promise to post a little item to the FIRST THREE bloggers to comment on THIS POST..who will then do the same...and keep the kindness moving on.There is no time scale to this...just in the next 365 days!)

Here are the pretty gifts I received from Bellaboo.

prettily wrapped

some ever useful pink spotty CK tissues, some CK bath powder
and a packet of coloured beads (I have an idea for these already).

So, if you want to take part, leave me a comment and the first three will be sent a little gift.

12 comments:

  1. I just love that toaster lol bet you have to stand and watch as we have all gotten used to walking away and coming back when we hear "pop". I love your package how lovely. I am not asking to be in your 3 as i am also on the receiving end of a forward package it is on its way and i have not told my followers yet but I am doing it this time around,i have 2 comments so far so if you want to zip over you could ne number 3 lol.Just lovely have a wonderfuk day.Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i just had to pop back and say i eneded up saying on my last post that i was doing the pay it along,thought it was not fair not to mention it in case somwone did not want to do it.Have a great day.p.s it is a womans thing to change her mind lol xxCarole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carole. Yes, I have had several slices of burnt toast already, so maybe it isn't a good idea to use it all the time. We really do need to buy a new one! I have emailed you re. pay it forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello.
    That toaster is Something : )
    I like your goodies ,looks lovely.
    And i love your vintage goodies on your previous post .
    Hope you doing ok.
    And how much your classes cost???
    I have some great sofas (2) but they got well ugly covers (may not ugly ,but sure not my taste )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vintage toaster! I'm surprised that it still works though!
    (don't include me in pay it forward as I've just received a package through it already so it wouldn't be fair!) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vintage toaster, it just goes to show that they made things to last years ago! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for including me in the Pay It Forward, I'm being abit dizzy because I can't see how to contact you? My email address is nicdutton(@)virginmedia(.)com

    I'm really excited about taking part, I was going to do it myself and now I can :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for including me in the Pay It Forward, I'm being abit dizzy because I can't see how to contact you? My email address is nicdutton(@)virginmedia(.)com

    I'm really excited about taking part, I was going to do it myself and now I can :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Debs we have so many connections! I too recieved a Pay it Forward gift from the lovely Bellaboo! Dont include me in your 3 give someone else a chance :) Hasnt she made such nice personal gifts to us both, I can see how she has read our blogs well!
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had a toaster much like that when I was a child! And we children were allowed to use it - people didn't seem to fuss so much in those days. I can remember having a little iron that was heated on the stove, and being allowed to iron the hankies and tea towels with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello there I am interested in buying your old toaster would you like to sell it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm...interesting! I'm not sure where it is, I can't remember getting rid of it so it is probably tucked away in the larder again. What would be your offer?

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I really like to read them all.