Pages

Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Christmas Craft Fairs

I'm busy working hard, sewing up more items for my stall, in between teaching and making a set of commissioned loose covers. 


I had such a good day last Sunday in Lamberhurst, Kent, at their Vintage Christmas Fair. I sold loads of lavender sachets, make-up bags, some aprons, peg bags, needle books and pin cushions, and the lovely 1950's barkcloth handbag that is pictured in my blog shop.


Here's my stall just after setting up:



Below is the stall next to me, belonging to Julie Anne of 'Love Nest'. 
Although we were selling very similar items - cushions, scented hearts, bags and decorations, we were both very busy and sold well. Julie Anne uses modern designer fabrics from Cath Kidston, Vanessa Arbuthnot and others, whereas most of my items are made from vintage and pre-used fabrics.


Across the hall from me was Sarah of 'Cotton Kiss', with her fabulous and fun hobby horses, children's bags and aprons, and some really lovely kits to make a felt stocking. This was Sarah's first fair, but I think she did well - her products were lovely.

Sadly I didn't find the time to take more photos of other tables, but others included painted furniture and wooden home accessories; handmade cards, really lovely ones and for Cancer Research too; vintage clothes and bric a brac; real foliage wreaths and several jewellery stalls.


Next weekend, on Saturday and Sunday I have a table here:

The Great Dixter Christmas Fair
Sat & Sun, 27th and 28th November 2010
Great Dixter is delighted to announce our Christmas Fair which will take place in the Great and Yeomans Halls, surrounding barns and out buildings. With an opportunity to see the garden in winter then warm yourself by an open fire in the house.

Our diverse stalls will include products from our own shop and nursery including potted bulbs and unusual gift ideas, as well as stalls hosted by local craftsmen such as vintage tools, seeds, and stalls for all gift needs: including cashmere knitwear, jewellery, scented candles and handmade gifts for all sized pockets. The Gardens, Nursery and Gift Shop will be open to the public for the weekend of the fair. Fresh, hot food and light refreshments will be available.
Time: 10am to 4pm
Entrance Fee: £5.00 (Under 16 free)
Coaches parties welcome if pre booked - call 01797 252878
To book a stall please email events@greatdixter.co.uk



I'm really looking forward to doing this one. It will be my most prestigious fair yet! 

If you are nearby do drop in and say hello!

4 comments:

  1. Morning Debs, I'll be there and if you need someone to look after your stall so you can take more fab photos I'll do that as well! I'll also case the joint for likely candidates for our very own fair on 7th May next year. LLX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the fair..I'm sure you will do well,you make such lovely things.I'm looking out for some Xmas fairs around here.I'd much rather buy from a fair than from the High st. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debs. Your stall looks fab.
    Well done on all the sales. It always feels good to sell stuff what you have made : ).
    Wish all the best for next one.
    And have lovely week xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments, girls. Busy doing finishing touches to a few last minute makes, and then I'll be ready to pack it all to take to Great Dixter.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I really like to read them all.