Pages

Monday, 15 November 2010

My Recent Makes for the Christmas Fairs

Pretty make-up bags made in vintage barkcloth (do you recognise the fabric from my last post?);
recycled Sanderson's 'Little Chelsea'; denim and vintage cotton print. All lined with waterproof fabric.

Vintage linen and Edwardian lace lavender hearts and sachets.
 All filled to the brim with lovely lavender from Kent.

 Vintage fabric covered and padded coat hangers, trimmed with vintage satin ribbon bows. Tiny lavender hearts hang on matching ribbon to make the wardrobe smell beautiful and keep the moths away.

A couple of woollen checked stockings, trimmed with embroidered silk and some vintage fringing to match.

A selection of vintage linen stockings, trimmed with vintage printed cotton from Germany, recycled gingham, or old ticking. Vintage picot lace or new scarlet bobbles decorate the tops and vintage buttons secure the hanging loops.

Small stockings for little presents....


..........bigger stockings for bigger presents!

Some of these items will be for sale in my blogshop soon!

And lastly just a little picture of my stall at the recent Christmas Fair held in Goudhurst Parish church.

Not a great picture, as I think my camera is on it's way out, but you can see better pictures of the fair on my dear friend Lin's blog - LetticeLeaf
We had a good time and I actually did very well in the three hours we were there. And then Linda invited me back to her absolutely delightful house for a lovely, scrummy, home cooked lunch. 







13 comments:

  1. I would really be interested in seeing the size and dimensions of the make up bags and prices. The size mainly as I only have a small bag and have just given my make up bag to my Mum for her scrabble letters!!!

    What was I thinking??!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your goodies are absolutely delightful,anyone would be thrilled to receive themhope they sell really well for you,the colours are beautiful.Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your goodies are absolutely delightful,anyone would be thrilled to receive themhope they sell really well for you,the colours are beautiful.Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had a zillionth of your talent Debs I'd be a happy bunny! I for one know that they are even better than the photos. For Christmas shopping girls, look no further than here. Sewing classes in Kent girls, look no further than here! There; that should ensure I don't get sent to the naughty corner today!!! LLX

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful Xmas makes! I love the linen and lace hearts especially. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Carole - I hope they sell too, otherwise they have to go in storage for another year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caroline, I shall put the make-up bags in my blogshop later this evening. Just click onto the Pretty Bedroom page.

    Lettice - you are so kind....(top of the class for you today!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your makes, they're beautiful, I really appreciate vintage items :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Your makes are stunning. I am in love with hearts and sachets xxxxx
    Great job !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Your makes are stunning. I am in love with hearts and sachets xxxxx
    Great job !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing, I love your works, absolutely beautiful:))))
    Hugs, Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Biljana. Hope you are well - haven't heard from you for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your comments on my blog, I love the Christmas things you've made. Hope they sell for you. Please feel free to join the chrismassy giveaway on my blog.
    Sally
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I really like to read them all.