Pages

Monday, 8 November 2010

A Seaside Brocante

My lovely friend, enthusiastic sewing pupil, and shoulder to cry on - Letticeleaf - and I, had a lovely day out in Whitstable on Saturday taking in all the lovely shops; Tapas for lunch; cappuccino's and Bakewell tart, and this:



..... a delightful vintage and designer/makers Brocante

Rather foolishly I didn't take my camera, so have no images inside the hall, but I can show you my purchases and link you to some of the stall holders.

From all the delights on offer I chose these vintage buttons from amongst several baskets on one stall.


I love the label on the back of the linen buttons,


especially the care instructions at the bottom! I've never thought of buttons  suffering 'injury' before!

Then I bought some lovely pieces of fabric from Stephen and Judy at All Things Vintage and Beautiful.

A pretty vintage cotton print.


A single vintage Barkcloth curtain.

A little strip of some vintage textured rayon.

Some pieces of vintage Barkcloth, that look as though they were originally from a sample book, with a lovely Chrysanthemum and Parisian landmark print.


 And a vintage linen cushion cover with a gorgeous floral print

Then Lin and I spent a while talking to Jane Bourne, of The Cloth Hall, who produces absolutely beautiful scarves, shoulder capes and shrugs from her own sewn and textured fabrics made from swirls of yarns, silks and threads. Jane also prints and paints lovely designs onto woollen fabrics and mohair.
Such a talented lady with a rich and varied history of working in textiles and with famous designers - you must have a chat with her if you ever meet her.
I just couldn't resist buying this fabulous scarf from her - I just love the muted colours...

Isn't it just beautiful?


While we were at the Brocante, Lin and I did a bit of networking and made some contacts for a fair that we are hoping to organise later in the New Year - dates, venues, etc are a work in progress at the moment, but keep a look out for the Sellers and Buyers information when everything has been confirmed.





2 comments:

  1. Can't you just tell who is the teacher and who is the scatty pupil? Compare our reports on the day out and there you have it! Debs a BRILLIANT post, full of information and beautiful pictures (I did have my camera, but in true me tradition - I forgot to use it!). I think in a good way we compliment each other well. My new friend and mentor I applaud you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you both had a nice time in Whitstable! You came to my town and I left for a day out to Rochester. I know Jane from a few local craft fairs I organised - she is a lovely lady and her scarves and lovely things are gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I really like to read them all.