Pages

Friday, 9 December 2011

Deck the Halls......

......well, the sitting room and dining room!

Always a real tree, adorned with
red and gold, a touch of silver and cut glass
and lots of tiny lights......

.....candles and shiny red baubles on the mantlepiece.

Fairy lights in the hearth

Christmas bunting and decorated twigs on the dresser...
with a charity shop pressed glass dish, loaded with mercury glass baubles from TKMaxx
and a charity shop decanter engraved with tiny little stars. 
Just the thing for my homemade sloe gin, and, when that's all gone,
the cherry brandy I made last summer. 

Gosh, I have had those twigs for over 22 years! 
they have somehow escaped 
attack by mice in the attic.
 Not so lucky, some years ago, was a faux foliage wreath - 
all the (polystyrene) berries had been shredded and eaten.
What did the mice find so tasty?

Purdy dog finds all this decorating lark soooo tiresome....

Purdy - you have no sense of decorum!

7 comments:

  1. It all looks so pretty - including Purdy!

    We're getting a tree today. For the last 5 years or so we've used the same potted one from the garden, but it looks so bald and twiggy that this year it's time for another one.

    Enjoy the sloe gin!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joanna. I shall enjoy the gin - started it last night once I'd finished the decs and very nice it was too. I doubt it will last till Christmas!

    Have fun finding your tree and the subsequent decorating of! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have decorated everything beautifully! Your tree is a lovely shape too.I've put some decs up,but haven't got round to getting the tree yet.
    I see Purdy has the TV remote to hand,or should I say paw!
    Have a lovely weekend,and keep warm! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Purdy is never awake long enough to watch any TV - bit like me really!

    Just had a lovely walk around the frosty fields with her, and guess what, she's asleep again!

    Enjoy your weekend too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks lovely. Don't forget to save me some of that Sloe Gin my friend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi...just popped over via The Felt Fairy to say I am joining in the Monthly Make...hope to keep up with you through 2012...Merry Christmas...

    Kirsti xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sally - if you don't pop over soon there wont be any sloe gin left! You'll have to try the cherry brandy instead! Happy Christmas xx

    Kirsti, thanks for popping by my blog. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's makes. I'm hoping that it will spur me on to make more things, regularly, for my on-line shop.
    Have a lovely Christmas x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I really like to read them all.